MPPSC State Service Exam
Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission MPPSC State Service Exam is conducted for recruitment to various posts in government departments and offices of the state of Madhya Pradesh. This exam is conducted in two stages namely the preliminary exam and the main exam. Following the IAS exam pattern aspirants who clear the prelim exam are allowed to appear for the main exam. The number of candidates admitted to appear for the main exam is fifteen times more than the number of available vacancies. However the best candidates who clear the main exam and the following procedure are admitted to various posts in respective government department.
Eligibility for MPPSC State Service Preliminary Exam :
Age Limit: Candidates aged between 21 and 40 years of age are eligible to apply for MPPSC State Service Preliminary Exam 2015.
Age Relaxation is applicable as per government rules.
Educational Qualification: Graduation in any discipline or equivalent qualification from a recognized university incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India.
Detailed MPPSC Syllabus 2018
→ MPPSC Syllabus for Prelims
Paper – I
- General Science and Environment
- Current Events of National & International Importance
- History of India & Independent India
- Geography of India
- Indian Polity & Economy
- Geography, History and Culture of MP
- Polity and Economy of Madhya Pradesh
- Information & Communication Technology
- Schedule Caste & Schedule Tribe and Protection of Civil Rights Act, 1993.
Paper – II
- Interpersonal skill including communication skill
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General Mental Ability, Basic Numeracy, Data Interpretation
- Hindi Language Comprehension Skill (class 10th level)
→ MPPSC Syllabus for Mains
General Studies Paper – I
- History and Culture
- Indian History
- Political, Economical and Social History of India from Harappa civilization to 10th Century A.D.
- Moguls and their administration, Emergence of Composite Culture, Political, Economical and Social History of Central India from 11th to 18th Century A.D.
- Impact of British Rule on Indian Economy & Society
- Indian Renaissance
- Emergence of India as a Republic Reorganization of State
- Indian Culture, Heritage with special reference to MP
- Salient features of Physical Geography of India and the World.
- Distribution of key natural resources, Agro-climatic Zone and Industries in MP
- Demography of India and MP
- Agro-ecology and its Relevance to Man, Sustainable Management and Conservation, Major Crops of the State, Dairy, Fishery, Farming Practices, Animal Husbandry.
- Food Processing and related Industries in India – Scope and Significance, Location , Upstream and Downstream Requirements , Supply Chain Management.
- Water Management – Ground Water and Watershed Management, Water Usage and Efficient Irrigation System, Drinking Water Supply and Quality Management
- Disaster and its Management
General Studies Paper – II
- Constitution, Political and Administrative Structure of Governance
- Centre and State Legislature
- Centre and State Executive
- Indian Judiciary
- Nature of Indian Union, Centre-State Relations, Division of Power, Decentralization and Peoples Participation in Democratic Governance
- Lopal, Lokayukt and Lok Nyayalaya
- Accountability and Rights
- Emergence and Community Based Organization (CBOs) and Non Government Organisation (NGOs), Self Help Groups
- Social and some important Legislation
- Various Protection Acts and Society Upliftment Acts
- Health Services
- World Health Organisation
- Education System
- Welfare Programmes
- Public Services
- International Organizations – UN, IFM, SAARC, BRICS, WTO
General Studies Paper –III
- Reasoning and Data Interpretation
- Existing and Emerging Technologies
- Environment and Sustainable Development
- Indian Economy
General Studies Paper – IV
- Human Needs and Motivation
- Philosophers/ Thinkers, Social Workers/ Reformers
- Case Studies
You can also check MPPSC Syllabus in the Official Notification from page no. 24 onwards. Download PDF MPPSC Syllabus